Sunday 26 April 2015

Dawn

It was bound to happen eventually, that I would be sitting here typing instead of in bed sleeping, when the four other precious hearts in the house are beating peacefully and making their little delicious snuffly sounds in their respective beds.
And I really don't mind.
It probably is the steroids, but it's also because I have Other Things to think about. And that is a wonderful thing.
Some of my thoughts are sad and anxious, because of life-changing events that other people close to me are currently going through, and I wish I could do more for them.
Some of my thoughts are excited and giddy, because we are planning a trip! on an airplane! out of the country! this week! to Legoland!!
I have just finished making really poor quality little cakey things for the school fair tomorrow.
I have been cleaning ballet shoes and writing names on cardigans for the big show tomorrow afternoon.
I have been plotting the downfall of a certain mobile phone network who have made the mistake of attempting to charge me five hundred euro to use my unlimited data contract to tether off my laptop for 2 hours while I had chemo this week.
I have been planning the Gratitude party that I have decided to throw in the summer. (Like Latitude. Get it? Mmmmm, might need some work...)

The sun has come up and I am grateful for another day.

And glad that my brain has room for the little things again.

No comments:

Post a Comment