I wrote my last blog post over the course of a year.
It was a chronicle of me thinking I was dying, then wondering why I hadn't, then realising that of course I was still dying because that's what I have been doing all this time anyway, then getting used to being mostly unsure of myself every single day.
So now so.
Having written all that down, it turns out I have a load of "new' cancer in my general belly region. It is not new, it's been lurking. "She beat cancer so many times but it still came back" - that's not beating it, chums. That's what happens.
I have minimal faith or spirituality, but I do know that if anyone uses the words "brave battle" in relation to me, I WILL haunt them.
What is the euphemistic way to say this? (I am still not great on Deathiquette - I am bound to get it wrong)
I am now receiving palliative care.
There are no treatment options left for me.
I am in the departure lounge.
I am entering the final phase.
Or, being me, I could just say, "looks like I am dying (for real this time, folks)".
I think you get the picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment