Thursday 25 February 2016

Some of the Things I Want To Say (Part 1, I'd imagine)

People don't want to tell me about other people they know who have died from cancer. Like it would upset me. 
"What, you mean people die from this stuff??? Aaaaaghhhh! I never knew!"
I guess it comes back to that inability to talk about death that seems to be so ingrained in our society. 
Death and taxes, guys. Get over it.

I want my children to be resilient. I don't know where I got it from, but I have it, and I want them to have it too. Identity, self-awareness, believing you have a right to be here. Not a lot to ask, but tragically missing from so many people's lives. 
The media gets blamed, Facebook, modern society, yadda yadda. 
Let's face it, it comes from the soup that our little croutons float around in until they are adults. And we make the soup. If we constantly immerse them in our own self-doubt, self-criticism, self-flagellation, they are hardly going to come out of it thinking they are the best they can be. 

Sometimes people just need to get over themselves.

Trying to be honest with people can be quite hard. 







No comments:

Post a Comment