Thursday 3 January 2019

No Surprises


It's the start of a new year, so I'm going to do the thing that all good TV schedulers do, and fill this space with retrospection and predictions. 

I used to make a photo-montage each November, to mark the anniversary of my diagnosis, and share it on Facebook, and cry a little bit at the beauty in my life. But my faith in Zuckerberg has reached the point where I am reluctant to even look at the screen (which has just reminded me to finally cover the camera on my laptop with an airmail sticker - paranoid, me?), so the chances of me presenting him with a neat package of my life story over the past twelve months are slim to none. 

But it was a nice thing to do, to remember all the wonderful giggle-filled moments that we had had, the achievements and milestones, the flow of life through its up and downs.

My children are growing bigger and older.

My house is growing bigger and older.

I am growing older (size remains roughly the same).

My hopes and fears expand diametrically. 


These are things for which I am grateful.





It was a bit cold in the sea on December 31st.....

No comments:

Post a Comment